Asia Council for Small Business (ACSB) is a regional affiliate council of non-profit organization, International Council for Small Business (ICSB), which is the premier, global platform in support of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises.
ACSB serves as a regional coordinating body for all ICSB chapters and affiliates in Asia-Pacific. It was co-founded by ICSB Past-President Prof. Kim Ki-Chan, and ICSB Indonesia Past-President Hermawan Kartajaya, who also currently serves as ACSB President.
The domicile of ACSB is the city of Seoul, Korea.
MISSION AND GOALS
The purpose of the Association is to advance the understanding of entrepreneurship and small business issues as well as the creation of new entrepreneurship and small business knowledge in research, education, and practical business policy in the Asia-Oceania region.
To realize its purpose the Association:
- Organizes conferences, educational meetings and other events to its members and interest groups in order to promote interaction in the fields of SME activities and entrepreneurship,
- Distributes academic material and publications in order to increase the expertise of its members and interest groups,
- Carries out communication and information activities related to entrepreneurship and SMEs,
- Puts forward proposals and motions related to entrepreneurship and SMEs to national and international authorities and organizations,
- Acts in cooperation with other public and private organizations dedicated to the promotion of entrepreneurship and SME activities.
To support its activities the Association can receive donations and legacies, own movable and real property necessary in its operations and, after receiving proper permission, organize fund raising.